Through strategic management of health and safety, commitment to our vision and values, and by a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility, we strive to :
- Apply sound health and safety management principles and operating practices.
- Protect health and promote safety or personnel, customers and community.
- Be alert to customer needs, technological advancements, and socio-economic priorities.
- Lessen the hazards and potential hazards in our business.
- Minimize any detrimental impact our business might have on society.
Our policy in this regard is therefore to :
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for the well being of our employees and their families, through staff participation and ownership of health and safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that the health and safety of the public and neighbouring communities is not compromised by our operations.
- Meet corporate requirements by complying with health and safety laws and regulations, conducting business according to recognised standards for our type of industry, and committing the necessary resources.
- Build and maintain a constructive relationship with regulatory authorities, meet all operating permit and licence obligations, and provide prompt advice on relevant issues.
- Commit ourselves to sub-contractor health and safety during their tenure with us, and to enforce standards and procedures laid down by the use as a minimum code of conduct for sub-contractors and third parties.